The China Power Investment (CPI) project is to develop a bauxite-alumina complex in Boffa-Télimélé region.
The components of the project are:
- An open-pit mine with a capacity of 10 million tons per year;
- An alumina refinery capacity of 4 million tons per year;
- Thermal power of 450 MW, including 150 MW available to the Guinean State;
- A 78 km bauxite conveyor belt, connecting the Télimélé mining area to the Boffa Industrial Zone;
- 80km road infrastructure;
- A port for the export of bauxite and alumina in Bel Air.